Armchair, ca. 1927
This object is not part of the Cooper Hewitt's permanent collection. It was able to spend time at the museum on loan from The Art Institute of Chicago as part of The Jazz Age: American Style in the 1920s.
Josef Albers joined the faculty of the Bauhaus in 1922 as a painter and teacher of stained-glass making. He also taught a course in handcrafts that led him to designing furniture after the Bauhaus moved to Dessau in 1925.
It is credited
Lent by The Art Institute of Chicago, Bequest of Dr. Fritz Moellenhoff and Dr. Anna Moellenhoff, 1982.76.
Our curators have highlighted 4 objects that are related to this one. Here are three of them, selected at random:
Its dimensions are
72.5 x 61.3 x 64.2 cm (28 1/2 x 24 1/8 x 25 1/4 in.)
This object was previously on display as a part of the exhibition The Jazz Age: American Style in the 1920s.