This object is not part of the Cooper Hewitt's permanent collection. It was able to spend time at the museum on loan from FD Gallery Collection and Gebrüder Hemmerle as part of Beauty—Cooper Hewitt Design Triennial.
Copper, pink gold, and topaz converge in this exquisite ring from Hemmerle, a firm with a long tradition of jewelry-making. In 1895, Hemmerle was appointed purveyor to the Royal Bavarian Court. In 1995, Stefan Hemmerle took control of the firm with his wife, Sylveli. In 2006, they were joined by their son, Christian, and his wife, Yasmin. Nature is an endless source of inspiration. The design of the jewelry is a collaborative process for the family and their workshop. Each piece is shaped through iterative sketches—some taking up to five hundred hours to complete.
It is credited
Courtesy of Hemmerle.
Our curators have highlighted 15 objects that are related to this one. Here are three of them, selected at random:
Its dimensions are
H x W x D: 2.1 × 1.2 × 2.1 cm (13/16 × 7/16 × 13/16 in.)
This object was previously on display as a part of the exhibition Beauty—Cooper Hewitt Design Triennial.