Charger (Swan Service) Charger, 1737–1741
This is a Charger. It was made by Meissen Porcelain Factory and manufactured by Meissen Porcelain Factory and production directed by Count Henrich Graf Brühl and modeled by Johann Joachim Kändler. It is dated 1737–1741 and we acquired it in 1950. Its medium is porcelain, vitreous enamel, gold. It is a part of the Product Design and Decorative Arts department.
It is credited
Museum purchase through gift of Commander Henry H. Gorringe.
Its dimensions are
H x diam.: 6.6 x 38.2 cm (2 5/8 x 15 1/16 in.)
It has the following markings
Underside:  double crossed swords, painted in underglaze blue (Meissen Porcelain Manufactory mark)  cross, incised underglaze  four dots arranged in four-leaf clover shape, impressed underglaze  "L70.10.21", written on label, applied to underside  "TEMPORARY LOAN / THE BROOKLYN MUSEUM / TL.70.265 / FROM: COOPER-HEWITT / DATE: June 3, 1970", printed on label
It is signed
It is inscribed
Cite this object as
Charger (Swan Service) Charger, 1737–1741; Modeled by Johann Joachim Kändler (German, 1706–1775); Germany; porcelain, vitreous enamel, gold; H x diam.: 6.6 x 38.2 cm (2 5/8 x 15 1/16 in.); Museum purchase through gift of Commander Henry H. Gorringe; 1950-130-1
This object was previously on display as a part of the exhibition Rococo: The Continuing Curve 1730-2008.