Natalya Yakovlevna Danko
Natalya Danko attended the Stroganov School of Art and Industrial Design, Moscow (1900-02), the State Art School, Vilnius, and apprenticed in the studio of Yalmar Yanson (1906-08). She was employed at different workshops in St. Petersburg, and then became the assistant to Kuznetsov at Imperial Porcelain Factory from 1914 on, later heading the sculpture workshop at the renamed State (later Lomonosov) Porcelain Manufactory (1919-41). After the Revolution, Danko revived the production of porcelain figures, giving them an 18th-century feel in simple and optimistic propaganda pieces. Her sister, Yelena Danko, painted all her figurines made at the manufactory.