Painter, Teague and Petertil
David Laurence Painter (b.1913) was among the early students in the Industrial Design program at The School of The Art Institute of Chicago, enrolling in 1933 and receiving his diploma in 1936. From 1935 to 1950, Painter was vice-president in charge of design at the Chicago design firm of Barnes & Reinecke, later becoming co-head of the product styling division. In 1950, Painter and two colleagues bought the company's design interests and formed their independent partnership, Painter/Teague/Petertil, Industrial Designers. After 1960, Painter worked independently and in other partnerships.