Ken Davies (American, b. 1925) studied at the Massachusetts School of Fine Arts before earning his BFA from Yale University’s School of Fine Arts in 1950. That year, he also received a Louis Comfort Tiffany Foundation fellowship. His first solo show was at the Hewitt Gallery in New York in 1951, and every painting sold. In the early 1950s, he sold work in the form of lithograph prints and textile designs through Associated American Artists. In 1962, he found representation with Hirschl & Adler Galleries. Davies also had a long teaching career. From 1950-1953, he taught at the Whitney School of Art in New Haven, Connecticut. He taught at Paier School of Art in Hamden, Connecticut until 1957 and served... more.