This object is not part of the Cooper Hewitt's permanent collection. It was able to spend time at the museum on loan from FD Gallery Collection and Baronin Marita von L'Estocq as part of Beauty—Cooper Hewitt Design Triennial.
This fantastic work of art and artifice takes its inspiration from a branch of eucalyptus. It was created by Hemmerle, a firm with a long tradition of jewelry-making. In 1895, Hemmerle was appointed purveyor to the Royal Bavarian Court. In 1995, Stefan Hemmerle took control of the firm with his wife, Sylveli. In 2006, they were joined by their son, Christian, and his wife, Yasmin. Nature is an endless source of inspiration. The design of the jewelry is a collaborative process for the family and their workshop. Each piece is shaped through iterative sketches—some taking up to five hundred hours to complete. Hemmerle pairs high-quality stones with a distinctive mix of metals—here, brass, bronze, white gold, and diamonds.
It is credited
Courtesy of Marita von L'Estocq.
Our curators have highlighted 13 objects that are related to this one. Here are three of them, selected at random:
Its dimensions are
L x W: 5 × 1.1 cm (1 15/16 × 7/16 in.)
This object was previously on display as a part of the exhibition Beauty—Cooper Hewitt Design Triennial.