Drawing, View of the Pulpit, Saint Sulpice, Paris (Second Project)
This is a Drawing. It was architect: Charles de Wailly. We acquired it in 1911. Its medium is pen and black ink, brush and watercolor, black chalk on white laid paper . It is a part of the Drawings, Prints, and Graphic Design department.
In 1905, the Hewitt sisters were introduced to Jean-Léon Decloux in Paris during one of their acquisitions trips. Decloux collected drawings, print albums, and decorative arts objects, and soon became one of their agents for purchasing works on paper. To cement the relationship, he quickly donated examples of French ornamental paneling. On Decloux’s recommendation, the Hewitt sisters encouraged the museum’s advisory council to purchase over 500 drawings from Decloux’s collection in 1911; in 1921, the museum acquired 413 albums of Decloux’s ornament prints and related preparatory drawings.
This object was donated by Advisory Council.
Our curators have highlighted 1 object that are related to this one.
Cite this object as
Drawing, View of the Pulpit, Saint Sulpice, Paris (Second Project); Architect: Charles de Wailly (French, 1730–1798); France; pen and black ink, brush and watercolor, black chalk on white laid paper ; 1911-28-293