A souvenir from the 1939 World's Fair in Flushing, New York, this scarf commemorates the various buildings and monuments at the fairgrounds. The Chemical and Plastics Building, sponsored by DuPont, featured displays of research labs and manufacturing processes. Included were a rayon spinning machine, a machine that added bristles to toothbrushes, and a debut display of DuPont's nylon stockings.
This object was
American Textile History Museum.
It is credited
American Textile History Museum Collection, gift of Katharine Kreiser and Arthur Larson.
Its dimensions are
H x W: 49.5 × 47 cm (19 1/2 × 18 1/2 in.)
It is inscribed
Cite this object as
Scarf, 1939; Previously owned by Katharine Kreiser and Arthur Larson ; rayon; H x W: 49.5 × 47 cm (19 1/2 × 18 1/2 in.); American Textile History Museum Collection, gift of Katharine Kreiser and Arthur Larson; 2016-35-73